3D Generalist Internship
What is a 3D Generalist?Production Base
A 3D Generalist is an individual who can work in any number of capacities on projects in the film, games and animation industries. They are fairly common in the field, and most students with little specific career experience will be prepared to start as a Generalist while they sharpen their skills.
At Anansi, you can be a game-changer! Because working here isn’t just a deal. It’s a big deal. As part of our team, you will be ‘the person that did that.’ We’ve never had a greater opportunity to inspire change; setting the bar for technology to be inclusive and accessible; empowering an intelligent, sustainable, and connected world.
Are you in?
Our Exciting Opportunity
We are looking for a 3D Generalist for a Student Internship to join some exciting AR/VR/Mixed reality productions. You will help to build a wide array of art assets for use in our creative projects.
The placement will be 8 to 12 weeks long, focused on a specific PoC project, working remotely with our team in London. You will have 3D generalist responsibilities including 3D modelling, animation, retopologising assets, VFX and Rendering to help merge the virtual with the real world.
- Currently studying towards your Master Degree in a relevant subject
- Create 3D art in a wide range of styles from realistic to cartoon, from concept, character models, environment assets and props.
- Be Actively involved in the creative process by interacting with your team.
- Effectively contributing to the art pipeline while understanding target platform constraints (AR/VR/Mixed Reality).
- A solid portfolio, demonstrating an ability to create a variety of ideas. Imagination is crucial.
- 2+ years of relevant academic or personal experience as a 3D artist, game designer or animators.
- Thorough understanding of Digital/Traditional and Graphic art/design techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of 3D editing tools, 3DS Max, Blender, zBrush etc.
- Experience with modelling and texturing in both Low and High poly.
- Good skills using Photoshop (or similar tool)
- Self-motivated with excellent communication skills, team spirit, proactivity.
- Positive attitude with the ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- Happy to learn new tricks, after all this is a student placement!
- Animation skills (3D a real bonus).
- 2D art skills including UI and concept.
- Unity 3D experience.
- PBR Pipeline familiarity.
- Texture creation/baking skills.
- Knowledge of Illustrator, Affinity, Unity engine, particle effects creation programs (e.g. combustion, particle illusion, Popcorn)
- Retopology assets to boost performance
- Passion for games
- Contribute ideas for improving specific learning solutions as well as develop ideas from others in the team
- Build solutions for specific use cases and internal learning projects
Our pipeline include:
- Blender, 3DS Max, zBrush
- VRay, Arnold, Maxwell
- Substance Painter, Substance Design, Substance Source
- Character Creator & iClone
- After Effects, Premiere Pro
- Unity 3D
What’s in it for you?
Anansi grants real industry experience and is very passionate about learning and development, supports mobility and flexible schedule that adapt to the student requirement. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply?
If we believe your CV is strong enough we will get in touch with you and setup a first phone call when we will discuss if your expectations and our projects are a good fit
Anansi is very passionate about learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact-based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Anansi, we do.
Anansi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Anansi complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Anansi supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.